How to Know Which Social Platforms Are Right for Your Business
When it comes to social media marketing, one of the biggest mistakes small business owners make is spreading themselves too thin. It’s a rare instance that a small business owner has the ability to manage all social media platforms — generating quality content and engaging with customers — while performing all the other required responsibilities of their role. Instead, focus on building up a great presence on the platforms that make sense for your business.
How do you know which those are? Here are a few important facts to help you decide which social platforms best align with your target audience:
- American women between the ages of 25 – 54 make up 32% and 29% of Facebook users, respectively.
- Only 9% of users are between 18 – 24.
- 44% of active Facebook users check it several times per day.
- 78% of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour.
- Link clicks account for 92% of all user interaction with tweets.
- 42% of women who use social media are Pinterest users.
- 34% of Pinterest users are between 18 – 29, 28% are between 30 – 49, a very wide demographic.
- 59% of Instagram users check the app daily.
- Instagram does not allow clickable links on individual posts, adding an extra step in the customer experience.
- 60% of Snapchat users are under 24.
- More than 100 million users consume 30 minutes of content per day.
1Hainla, L. (August 16, 2017). 21 social media marketing statistics you need to know in 2017. Retrieved September 13, 2017, from https://www.dreamgrow.com/21-social-media-marketing-statistics/
2Ellering, N. (June 29, 2017). Best times to post on social media according to 20 studies. Retrieved September 13, 2017, from https://coschedule.com/blog/best-times-to-post-on-social-media/
3Wertz, J. (February 19, 2017). Which social media platforms are right for your business? Retrieved September 13, 2017, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/jiawertz/2017/02/18/which-social-media-platforms-are-right-for-your-business/#3af5f92c12a2