Effective as of October 14, 2020
Last Updated December 21, 2022
- Information We Collect Online
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- “Do Not Track” Signals
- Choices About Your Information
- Third Party Links
- Children’s Privacy
- Notice to Nevada Residents
- Notice to California Residents
- How to Contact Us
1. Information We Collect Online
We collect Personally Identifiable Information from you through your use of the Site and Services. “Personally Identifiable Information” is individually identifiable information about an individual that we collect online when they seek our Services on behalf of their business and that we maintain in an accessible form. We collect the following types of Personally Identifiable Information:
Information You Provide
We may collect the following Personally Identifiable Information that you voluntarily provide to us in using our Site and Services:
- Apply for Funding. To apply for funding with us, you will provide us with your name, email address, telephone number, Social Security number, driver’s license number, physical address, employment information, business information including name, legal entity type, industry, number of employees, annual gross revenue, tax identification number, employee identification number, and financial information including bank account information, income information, voided checks, account history, payment history, transaction balances, overdraft history, bank statements, gross revenue, and transaction parties.
- Contact Us. To contact us through the Site, you will provide your name, email address, telephone number, and any additional Personally Identifiable Information you choose to provide in your message.
Information as You Navigate Our Site
We automatically collect certain Personally Identifiable Information through your use of the Site and Services, such as the following:
- Usage Information. For example, the pages on the Site you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Site.
- Device Information. For example, hardware model, operating system, application version number, and browser.
- Mobile Device Information. Aggregated information about whether the Site is accessed via a mobile device or tablet, the device type, and the carrier.
- Location Information. Location information from Site visitors on a city-regional basis.
Third Party Information
2. How We Use Your Information
We use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to provide the Services to you, to improve our Site and Services, and to protect our legal rights. In addition, we may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to:
- Process your application and determine whether or not your business qualifies for our products;
- Verify your identity and conduct appropriate due diligence;
- Verify representations you make, including the existence and good standing of your business;
- Service your account and set up an automatic funds transfer process;
- Contact you regarding our products and services that we feel may be of interest to you;
- Communicate with you about our Site or Services or to inform you of any changes to our Site or Services;
- Provide support;
- Maintain and improve our Site and Services;
- Protect the security and integrity of our Site and Services;
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
- Fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it, or any other purpose we deem necessary or appropriate;
- Efficiently maintain our business; and
- Comply with applicable law.
3. How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- As a subsidiary of Enova International, Inc. (“Enova”), with Enova or its affiliated entities;
- With vendors who perform data or Site-related services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.);
- With vendors to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content;
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our or a third party’s legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- With any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personally Identifiable Information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personally Identifiable Information;
- With any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale, equity transaction, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, or in preparation for any of these events;
- With any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure; and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Personally Identifiable Information or for any other purpose we deem necessary, including to protect the health or safety of others.
4. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Estimate audience size and usage patterns;
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits, allowing us to customize the Site and Services to your individual needs;
- Advertise new content and services that relate to your interests;
- Keep track of advertisements and search engine results;
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to resolve issues and offer better site experiences and tools in the future; and
- Recognize when you return to the Site.
How You Can Opt Out of Cookies
You can block Cookies by changing your Internet browser settings. You can find out more about Cookies and how to manage them by visiting www.AboutCookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can opt out of Cookies set by specific entities by following the instructions found at these links:
- Adobe: https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
Advertising Industry Resources
You can understand which entities have currently enabled Cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt out of some of those Cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Mobile Choices website.
Please note these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised. Therefore, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Other Types of Collecting Activities
5. “Do Not Track” Signals
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
6. Choices About Your Information
Review and Request Changes to Your Information
You may use your account to access, correct, or view certain Personally Identifiable Information we have collected and which is associated with your account. To review or request changes to any of your Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from our marketing emails, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of our emails. You also may submit a request to us at email@example.com with “Opt-Out” in the subject line or write to us at:
The Business Backer
ATTN: Marketing, Opt-Out
10856 Reed Hartman Highway, Suite 100
Blue Ash, OH 45242
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personally Identifiable Information we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security. If you allow us to see your banking information online rather than in paper form, it is on a read-only basis. We do not have access to change, edit, or modify bank account information with your bank. Our employees cannot view your banking username and passwords.
8. Third Party Links
9. Children’s Privacy
The Site and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under 13.
10. Notice to Nevada Residents
Nevada law allows Nevada residents to opt out of the sale of certain types of personal information. Subject to several exceptions, Nevada law defines “sale” to mean the exchange of certain types of personal information for monetary consideration to another person. We do not currently sell personal information as defined in the Nevada law. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you still may submit a verified request to opt out of sales and we will record your instructions and incorporate them in the future if our policy changes. You may send opt-out requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Notice to California Residents
The CCPA defines “personal information” to mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available, deidentified or aggregated information or lawfully obtained, truthful information that is a matter of public concern. For purposes of this “Notice to California Residents” section we will refer to this information as “Personal Information.”
If you are a California resident and a current or former employee, job applicant, or independent contractor of ours, please see our privacy notice available here for more information on our collection and use of your Personal Information in that capacity.
Notice at Collection of Personal Information
- Identifiers (name, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number)
- Unique personal identifiers (device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology)
- Telephone number
- Bank account number
- Other financial information including income information, bank account history, transaction balances, transaction parties, payment history, overdraft history, voided checks, bank statements, and gross revenue information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (browsing history; search history; and information regarding consumer’s interaction with website, application or advertisement)
- Geolocation data
- Commercial information (records of personal property, products or services purchased)
- Professional or employment-related information (including employment history)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (age (40 and older)
- Audio or similar information (recordings for monitoring and training purposes)
- Inferences drawn from above information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
We collect Personal Information directly from California residents and from lenders, credit reporting agencies, and third-party data providers. We do not collect all categories of Personal Information from each source.
In addition to the purposes stated above in the Section “How We Use Your Information” we currently collect and have collected the above categories of Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards
- Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of your Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, nonpersonalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with us, provided that your Personal Information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction with us
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing transactions, verifying customer information, providing financing, or providing similar services
- Providing advertising and marketing services, except for cross-context behavioral advertising, to you provided that, for the purpose of advertising and marketing, our service providers and/or contractors shall not combine the Personal Information of opted-out consumers that the service provider or contractor receives from us, or on our behalf with Personal Information that the service provider or contractor receives from, or on behalf of, another person or persons or collects from its own interaction with you
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service
- Advancing our commercial or economic interests, such as by inducing another person to buy, rent, lease, join, subscribe to, provide, or exchange products, goods, property, information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction
Sale, Sharing, and Disclosure of Personal Information
The CCPA defines “sale” as the transfer of Personal Information for monetary or other valuable consideration. Although we do not “sell” Personal Information as that term may be commonly interpreted, we engage in online activities that may constitute a sale or a share of Personal Information under California law. This may include showing you advertisements on other websites.
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties|
|Unique personal identifiers (device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology)||Advertising network; data analytics provider|
We sold or shared Personal Information to third parties to advance our commercial and economic interests.
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers (name, postal address)||Enova and subsidiaries; business partners; data storage providers; independent sales organizations, banks|
|Identifiers (email address)||Enova and subsidiaries; business partners; data storage providers; independent sales organizations|
|Identifiers (Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number)||Enova and subsidiaries; data storage providers; security, anti-fraud, and verification providers|
|Telephone number||Enova and subsidiaries; business partners; data storage providers; independent sales organizations|
|Signature||Enova and subsidiaries; business partners; data storage providers; security, anti-fraud, and verification providers|
|Bank account number||Enova and subsidiaries; business partners; data storage providers; banks|
|Other financial information including income information, bank account history, transaction balances, payment history, overdraft history, and gross revenue information||Enova and subsidiaries; business partners; data storage providers; independent sales organizations|
|Geolocation data||Data storage providers; security, anti-fraud, and verification providers|
|Commercial information (records of personal property and personal credit information)||Enova and subsidiaries; business partners; data storage providers; security, anti-fraud, and verification providers|
|Professional or employment-related information (including employment history)||Enova and subsidiaries; business partners; data storage providers; security, anti-fraud, and verification providers; independent sales organizations|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (age (40 and older)||Enova and subsidiaries; data storage providers; security, anti-fraud, and verification providers|
|Audio or similar information (recordings for monitoring and training purposes)||Customer support providers; security, anti-fraud, and verification providers|
|Inferences drawn from above information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, behavior, and abilities||Security, anti-fraud, and verification providers|
We disclosed Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of your Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, and providing financing
- Advancing our commercial or economic interests
We do not knowingly collect, sell, or share the Personal Information of consumers under 16 years of age. We do not use Sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those the CCPA and its regulations allow for.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it, such as to provide you with the service you have requested, and for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, contractual, or reporting requirements that apply to us.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- The right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, including the categories of Personal Information, the categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing Personal Information (if applicable), the categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information (if applicable), and the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The right to delete Personal Information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you;
- If we sell or share Personal Information, the right to opt out of the sale or sharing;
- If we use or disclose sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those allowed by the CCPA and its regulations, the right to limit our use or disclosure; and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of privacy rights the CCPA confers.
How to Submit a Request to Know, Delete, and/or Correct
You may submit a request to know, delete, and/or correct by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling us toll free at 1-888-994-1389.
If you are submitting a request on behalf of a California resident, please submit the request through one of the designated methods discussed above. After submitting the request, we will require additional information to verify your authority to act on behalf of the California resident.
Our Process for Verifying a Request to Know, Delete, and/or Correct
We will comply with your request upon verification of your identity and, to the extent applicable, the identity of the California resident on whose behalf you are making such request.
We will verify your identity either to a “reasonable degree of certainty” or a “reasonably high degree of certainty” depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the risk of harm to you by unauthorized disclosure, deletion, or correction as applicable.
For requests to access categories of Personal Information and for requests to delete or correct Personal Information that is not sensitive and does not pose a risk of harm by unauthorized deletion or correction, we will verify your identity to a “reasonable degree of certainty” by verifying at least two data points that you previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities.
For requests to access specific pieces of Personal Information or for requests to delete or correct Personal Information that is sensitive and poses a risk of harm by unauthorized deletion or correction, we will verify your identity to a “reasonably high degree of certainty” by verifying at least three pieces of Personal Information you previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities. In addition, we may request that you submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury stating that you are the individual whose Personal Information is being requested.
To verify your request, we will match the personal information you submit with the information we have about you. If we cannot conclude your information matches what we have, you may be directed to contact us with further instructions to assist us in responding to your request. To verify your request, we may ask you to submit the following information:
- Your first and last name;
- The last 4 digits of your Social Security number;
- Your date of birth; and
- The name of your business
Right to Opt Out of Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you have the right to direct us to stop selling or sharing your Personal Information.
You may submit a request to opt out of sales or sharing by clicking on our website footer link: “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.” If you have enabled privacy controls on your browser (such as a plugin), we will also treat that as a valid request to opt out.
Shine the Light Law
We do not disclose personal information obtained through our Site or Services to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, we have no obligations under California Civil Code § 1798.83.
13. How to Contact Us
To contact us for questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.